About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 29 September 2009

Wells' Windows

I am back at Hoopers this week, which means I am based in Tunbridge Wells. I am helping out with their catwalk show they are having this week. The show looks to be amazing, fantastic clothes, shows and accessories from men's and womenwear will be displayed in their decked oit basement. Anyway during my lunch break yesterday I had a wonder round the old highstreet and had a gander at the window displays.

Some of the trends I saw at London I noticed are appearing in Tunbridge Wells as well. Firstly take Hoopers:
Here the products are hanging by chains - as I have been spotting recently (see 'Chain Reaction' post).

I helped with this display! Well it was hardly a glamorous job, but it was a necessary one! I folded some of the paper you see in the background of this display. Its a simple but stylish origami theme, something refeshingly different to what other stores are doing.

This boutique has a Ralph Lauren window - its taken on the trend for bringing nature into display - see my 'Outdoors Indoors' post.

Fat Face has gone for a combination of trends in this window. They are mixing the 'construction' trend, with road/roadworks inspired props (as seen in August at Diesel) and finally the illustration trend as seen at H&M, Gap and Joules to name a few.

Finally East are going French with an image of the Eiffel Tower in the background of their window, the Eiffel Tower was a big motif back in the spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment