About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 6 September 2009

Beatriz Milhazes

I am loving the work by Beatriz Milhazes, and apparently I am not the only one. Her work seems to be influencing designers' work. Milhazes is known for her work juxtaposing Brazilian cultural imagery and references to western Modernist painting, see some examples of her work below.

And here is an image just to show how geometric patterns like those in Milhazes' work have been on the catwalk this year, S/S 09.


No comments:

Post a Comment