My final day at Drapers :( but it couldn't have been better! The morning I spent franticly trying to get some photos of stores to feature in the next issue - not sure if they actually got them in time in the end! However after lunch myself and the two the interns - the lovely Emma and Lydia (yeah there were two of us!), we went to London Fashion Week!!
We found our way to Somerset House, which was a gorgeous location for LFW and the fashionistas there were inspiring. Think as it got warmer a lot people were regretting the leather jackets, leggings and boots they wore! I could see some Lady Gaga influences - the small round sunglasses and heart-shaped lipstick application. As well as this there was alot of stripe tops (I did a moodboard for this 2 weeks ago but realised its saved on a Drapers computer! so I will have to do another one!). Shoulders came in all sorts of shapes and heights.
But right the shows!! - ones I went to see were: Ashley Isham, Emilio de la Morena, Ioannisdimitrious and the amazing Bora Aksu! (images and trends see later post)
I am happy to be returning to Somerset House next weekend for London Fashion Weekend - I got given a free pass, might as well not waste it!
Being at Drapers has been a huge opportunity for me, from the moment I was offered it there was no way I was turning it down - I knew it would be an experience like no other. I have gained such useful skills like telephone skills, interviewing skills, how to liase with people from the fashion industry, my writing skills I think have improved and I now have a much more thorough knowledge on how magazine works. I can say now that I would have no problem having Laura Jackson's or Steven Spear's job, they get to travel, see great places and meet such interesting people and write about it. Knowing they will happily have me back feels fantastic, I would love to go back and do it all again.
About Me
- Lydia_Rose
- Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.
Saturday, 19 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment