About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 18 September 2009

Anna Sui


From browsing through images from Sui's show at NYFW on the 16th September, I can see a real 60s vibe, along with oriental military influences and circus inspirations. Quite a range of themes, but somehow I believe it works! Being a big military fan myself, I have a weakness for the hats and capelets in her collection.

Sui mixed pattern and texture with abandon, as always – plaids, florals, liberty prints, metallics, houndstooth, patchwork - but the results felt more cohesive – and less cacophonous – than in seasons past, probably because her mash-ups were kept to a single colour scheme (be it purple, royal blue, turquoise, violet or the browns and oranges she also employed in her recently launched Target collection). And the accessories – particularly the peep-toe stacked booties – were fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment