About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 27 September 2009

MDF

It is hard to see in the French Connection pictures, but whilst I explored the Oxford Circus area I noticed the use of plain wood, what looked like regular MDF in window displays. Another link to the 'construction' trend I have been seeing (I will soon be doing a moodboard for this trend, so you have a better understanding of what I mean!) I think with time we shall be seeing more of this trend, it seems to just be in its beginnings at the moment.

French Connection

Cos

The wood has also been seen acting as shelving, as well as frames, a background piece and lettering. Logs and planks of wood have been used in windows to display asseccories, an example is Zara.


Silly man got in the way! haha. It was a bad idea doing this reasearch on a saturday - but I had no other time to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment