This is about my third attempt of writing this post this week! Each time I write what I am gonna say then find I cannot add the images on these work computers! grr! So for now this entry is gonna look a little dull and confusing as I shall write it now and add the photos later when I am at home with my trusty laptop.
So starting with Marc Jacobs - themes were - RUFFLES - lots of these, on shoulders, pockets, sides of trouser - where ever possible.
Underwear as outwear, this has continued on from last spring, although this time with a tribute to Madonna. The look was even sported by Lindsay Lohan at the shows.
Waists were cinched in with brown leather belts (as seen in other designer's collections).
Tassles and fringing (on has a detail on bags) is still here to stay - which I am pleased about.
Jackets had a 40s military feel.
There were many sculptural pieces mixed with tailored items.
The harem trouser is staying strong as well as 80s influences.
Fabrics included sheer, gauzy, feminine materials.
The main colours were: pale pink, navy and green.
(Images to come)
Retro looks were seen from Lacoste and Diane von Furstenburg, who had 20s inspired pieces.
DKNY - saw a lot of florals, fuschia pinks and poppy bright reds.
Charlotte Ronson - had an 80s vibe, with a high legged bodysuit, crop tops! and big shoulders.
Herve Leger - still showcasing the signature bandage dress, with this season some pleated detail.
Diane von Furstenburg - had an ethereal flower fairies theme, with dropped waist dresses and lots of layering of multi-hued, patterned and textured garments.
Elsie Overland - had a limited colour pallete, but a striking one of nudes and black.
Key items being short leather skirts, dresses and crop tops again!
She played on the adrogynous look with tailored suits, and many fabrics had a metallic sheen (as seen by other designers).
Alexander Wang - the collection was sport inspired, however injected with some glamour.
There were american football shoulders, baseball jackets, sport socks, sport stripes and hooded jackets but mixed with sheer fabrics, and lace up leather shorts and tops.
Tuleh - was a lovely, romantic, very feminine collection.
with tassle belts, lace ruffles, pussy bow blouses, tiered/ra-ra skirts, and adorable pale pink shorts with bow ties.
Sheen fabric was seen again, as well as navy, fuschia and pale pink, in addition to monochrome and retro printed skirts.
Thakoon - Had an oriental theme.
A oriental flower motif was regularly used, along woth a coral red and turquoise combo.
Harem trousers, wrap around tops and dresses and multi-floral patterns were mixed together in the show.
Aqua blues and greens were the dominant hues.
Vivienne Tam - had a gorgeous butterfly motif that was key to the collection.
Fabrics included suede, sheer chiffons, silk and rope detailing.
Nudes and pale pink were again popular. Along with purple and aqua shades.
- Fringe bags, pussy bow blouses, draping fabrics, brown belts and sequin waistcoats were seen.
Watch this space for images from NYFW.
About Me
- Lydia_Rose
- Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.
Friday, 18 September 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment