About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Monday, 14 September 2009

Drapers: Day Ten

I spent the day at Top Drawer, wondering around the Olympia hall glancing at the huge amount of different brand's stands. One section was dedicated to stationery, there was also children's items, clothes, fashion accessories and some furniture. I had a wonderful time looking at all the stands, the jewellery was beautiful, real leather handbags and belts caught my attention as well as the adorable greeting cards and wrapping paper.

The clear trends being embraced at the show was the English country theme, florals, pokka dots - Cath Kidston inspired, as well as Union Jacks, maps, vintage prints, embroidery and lace. The majority of stands had banners, and their catalogues/cards more or less all were made to look handmade and ethical.

The pictures below will give you some ideas.


No comments:

Post a Comment