About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Thursday, 1 October 2009

Behind the Scenes

(Image above - my notes for the different scenes/looks in the catwalk show)
Tonight was the first official fashion catwalk show for the public at Hoopers, and it was a success! The crowd seemed hyped up and thoroughly enjoyed themselves - afterwards the audience all became keen shoppers in the store. Behind the scenes I was a dresser - the atmosphere got manic, everyone is rushing to get the models in their next outfit. People were at the ready to help with shoe buckles, to touch up make-up and armed with hairspray. It is amazing the number of people required behind the scene of a catwalk - each one so important to the chain.

Having seen a bit of the video from last night the show looks incredible - so much more professional than their one last year.
Check out some pics of what goes on behind the wall:

Items I love:The Pucci and Missoni printed silk scarves. This is a beautiful military coat by See by Chloe. A leather skirt, in chocolate brown - Marc O'Polo. Lulu Guiness Lip clutch bag. Irrestistable green suede heels from Carvela. The show features a fantastic range of sunglasses from brands such as Chanel and Ray Ban. I want the leopard print Carvela shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment