About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Thursday, 8 October 2009

Shoppingham

Being back at University means I am back in Nottingham, yesterday I went into town to check out the stores window displays. I have only had the time to check out the mainstream highstreet stores, I shall also be looking at the independents and vintage stores of the lace market area.

Heres a taster:

The backstage theme again at Miss Selfridge.

Illustration on the windows. Wooden blocks and hanging letters at Zara. It's a hoot at Kew, with the use of wooden logs and the owls as featured on their website - linking the online and in-store environments.

Nature again is being brought into the store, as seen here with Jack Wills. Also cinching the waist over coats I spotted alot in Nottingham's visual merchandising.

The playing cards again at Jigsaw. Cinching waist at Hobbs. I really like the circus theme at Fred Perry, with the Circus font.

Balls of wool is something I am starting to notice as well, Accessorize has made a colourful display with it.

Checks at Warehouse and Vivienne Westwood. This lime yellow hue I have been noticing lately in stores and in streetwear, here its at Next.

No comments:

Post a Comment