About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 9 October 2009

Shoppingham 2

Today I continued exploring the Nottingham city centre to find more inspirational visual merchandising, this included independent stores in the lace market and some more of the highstreet chains.
Starting in the lace market area I first noticed Sweaty Betty, and the swing in the window, which was a trend I noticed back in Feburary when I was in Paris for Premiere Vision.
Bright colours and the grafitti trend are still at Projects.
I liked this washing line - a trend I saw at Top Drawer and in some ads.
Wood, fur - a nature theme at Zara.
Monsoon is using the tassle motif trend in their display, which ties in with their ethnic influences.
Bird cages are used to hang products in at G-Star.
Here are some better pictures of French Connection's windows (compared with those from london) - they use neon lights, letters and mdf.
Here's wool being used again at Vero Moda, like the Accessorize window from one of my previous posts.

Finally Topshop is using different coloured rope to create a sort of spiders web effect in the background of their window. With that yellow, as well as the popular purple.

No comments:

Post a Comment