About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 16 October 2009

Shoppingham 3

More shots from Nottingham city centre, with a sneaky shot from inside Jack Wills (hopefully more of those to come as well....watch this space).

I am really liking this display in the Nottingham Jack Wills store, notice the use of speakers (a trend I noticed in London), plus what I have been noticing most recently statues and statue busts (although this one has been covered in grafitti - this cleverly ties in with their brand image). Also you see the use of old looking Union Jack flags, handwritten signs and vintage rock images. Leopard print is a key theme at Hobbs currently, combined with purple. Hoods and Snoods are also making a come back. This small independent gift store has a busy window with many juxtaposing items, however the cluttered scheme still drew me towards the store. The key trends in this window are the union jack motif, the craft/embroidery theme and the flags and banners. These are all the sorts of things I spotted at Top Drawer.

This is just a simple window, with a muted colour palette, however I like the contrast of the dark hues with the clean white exterior of the shop. It is important to include the exterior with the design and scheme of the interior. This is a clever idea, so simple - how cheap and easy is it to get some bricks? It fits in with the construction theme I have been talking about. Notice also again the use of speakers - a trend in both men's and women's visual merchandising.

No comments:

Post a Comment