About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 18 October 2009

Nottingham Castle and Brewhouse Yard

Today I had a cultural day and went to the castle in Nottingham - sommething I should have done back in my first year of uni, mind you its better late than never. I can honestly say I was surprised, the grounds - although not very vast were pretty, there was a spectacular view from the castle, its just a shame Nottingham is not a prettier city!

Inside the castle is essentially a museum, with a variety of artefacts, there is something for everyone. From fashions, to paintings, to Greek items to archeological finds.

Also nearby is the Brewhouse Yard - a museum on Nottingham. I have taken photos, as I found many inspiring items for my project, unfortunately my camera let me down...again! But luckily my friend had her camera phone at hand, so stay put for the photos, I shall load them up as soon as I can.

With the current trends for old pharmacies/shops, early 20th century items, museums right now are the places to explore for visual merchandising ideas. With the turn to past times and reliable old traditions, museums are actually very current.

No comments:

Post a Comment