About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Saturday, 8 August 2009

Delightful Doodles



Whilst walking through the high street of Tunbridge Wells, Kent I could not help but notice a common theme amongst the shop windows....A use of illustration. River Island had a mystical/fantasy meets circus illustration in their window, with the use of a unicorn. Whilst independent store Hoopers had David Downtown inpsired portraits of models in the background of their windows.


The drawings all seemed to be down in black, some like a shadow/silhouette. This could link in with the craft/handmade trend of the moment. I really like this effect and feel it does have an impact on the window displays, giving them more connection to art work. The window begins to feel more like a exhibition piece, which must be stopped at to admire.




More doodles:


No comments:

Post a Comment