About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 11 August 2009

Top of the Shops



Whilst in London yesterday I had to (as always!) stop by the Topshop flagship store at Oxford Circus. The visual merchandising in there is always inspirational and some of the best you will see on the highstreet. This time in their main window the theme was heritage/stately home. One of the windows was decorated at the back with tartan, and both had prnts and paintings hanging up in large gold frames. There was also chandeliers made from antlers and these were reflected in some of the paintings that included stags, and one of the mannequins was wearing a t-shirt with a stag on.



Small details included the scarf wrapped over the mannequins head, (as seen on the catwalks last A/W) as well as scarfs tucked under belts and plenty of florals. Florals seen on tops, skirts and leggings. Belts and bags were tan leather, check and animal print were featured on the mannequins. The main colours were light grey, tan, black, pink (in the florals), blue and green.

Other small details included fur (particularly gillets and small wraps) and sequins. In store there were plenty of sequin pieces, I myself purchased a black jumper with shoulder pads and sequins on the shoulders. But there was also sequin dresses, evening jackets and cardigans. There was a large denim section with a vast range of jeans and skirts.
It was another successful and inspiring visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment