About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 6 March 2009

Check Mate!


Not many people know this but back when I was eleven I participated in chess club at school, finding this did not do wonders for my 'cool' status I soon stopped attending. However years on - this being the time when geek chic is on trend, we see that the chessboard itself has become influential in fashion, art and photography.
I have been noticing them featured in fashion photoshoots, and the checked design can be seen on everything from dresses, shoes and bags; not to mention there have been many artists do pieces based on the chessboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment