About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Saturday, 29 August 2009

Woodland Wonderland

Womenswear this Autumn/Winter is turning to nature and taking inspiration from mothernature and the forest. The mood is a return to primitive dressing, where obvious animal references and ecological themes are abound. Colours provide camouflage in the great outdoors - with autumnal hues and chameleonic prints. Iridescent bird feathers and silk fibres echo nature's foliage and texture. Whilst ecological and recycled fabrics need not disguise their eco-origins, but should embrace and reference of the natural environment.


As technology and the earth begin to move ever faster, we see a deliberate regression to nature and the familiar. However as there is a turn towards a stainless-steel future, there is this opposite reaction - a devolution, a return to nature and the elements.




Images from WGSN

No comments:

Post a Comment