About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Thursday, 13 August 2009

Future Fashion Now





Future Fashion Now: New Design from the Royal College of Art - is a current exhibition at London's V&A museum which I visited this week. It is showcasing highlights from the Royal College of Art (RCA) fashion MA graduates' final collections, the display features over 50 outfits and accessories from an oversize handbag to a leopard print suit. As well as women's wear, knitwear, millinery and footwear design, the display reveals aspects of the design process including preliminary sketches, illustrations, and models to explore the design stages the students go through to create their final collection, from their inspiration to the finished garment.





I thoroughly enjoyed this exibition and thought the quality of the work was excellent, and you could see the high level of creativity that was in the designs. I particularly liked seeing the sketchbooks with their original design concepts put aside the final product, it gave an insight into the planning process of making the garments as well as their inspiration.

I am sure we shall be seeing work from these students in the future, they are all very talented.

No comments:

Post a Comment