About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 18 August 2009

Cath Kidston




I have been an admirer of the brand Cath Kidston for years, the fabrics and products are quintessentially English and I love the mix of the traditional and the new. Cath Kidston Ltd was founded in 1993 when designer Cath Kidston opened a tiny shop in London’s Holland Park. She began by selling the vintage fabrics, wallpapers and brightly-painted junk furniture she remembered fondly from her childhood. Her clever, witty re-working of traditional English country house style meant that her shop soon became a cult success.

Each day as I walk to work in Tunbridge Wells I pause and take a look in to the Cath Kidston store window, I am loving the visual merchandising at the moment. They have used crates (which I have been seeing alot to merchandise garments since early this year) with wood chippings and vegetables in baskets - bringing nature inside (another big trend for visual merchandising currently. The use of vegatables also ties into the green trend - genius. On top of all this it importantly keeps to the brands identity, the pieces in the window could all come from a traditional English country garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment