Since I was introduced to the town of Lewes, East Sussex by my grandmother I have loved it, and highly recommend that you visit should you get the chance. It has the most wonderful antique stores and flea market, you never know what you might discover each time you go there. From antique furniture, to vintage clothing, jewellery, vases, teddy bears and dolls houses - its all here!
I went there today for research purposes, looking at store layouts and visual merchandising and it seems the antique stores are the best places to capture current trends, as we see ourselves turning back to traditional designs. Just check out some of the photos I took. Notice there were many flags - mainly our Union Jack, a big trend for the moment, as well as the tapestry trend (see above post) and antlers and gold frames were in great numbers. Also I could help but notice a lot of art pieces and craft items in Lewes, many window displays had craft themes, and there were many handwritten signs.

No comments:
Post a Comment