About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 12 February 2010

Shop Watch














I was out and about again in town today, and here are some windows that caught my eye. Trends that were emerging were - nautical - a strong VM theme at the moment in the majority of high street stores. Also butterflies are a key motif for the season, braces are an up coming street trend, rose florals are still everywhere, lace, corsages, pearls, bows, grey is a key colour along with nude and pale pink. Stripes and dots are the key motifs in high street stores, as seen in Kailko, Jigsaw, Warehouse, Zara and Kew. Brown satchel bags are the 'it' bags of the moment, as I was spotting on the street last summer. Spring brights are dominant, especially at Hobbs and Marks and Spencer. Finally art is inspiring design and VM currently, as can be seen in the Kew window above, they have used tins of paint and painted lines around the window. Whilst Oasis have used tops in the window that have illustrative patterns decorating them.

All in all there are some very inspiring and innovative window designs out there and exciting products, see for yourself....

No comments:

Post a Comment