About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Monday, 1 February 2010

Shop Watch

Yesterday I took another wander around Nottingham centre to look for inspirational window and store displays (I promise I will be going to other locations soon! Infact in a couple weeks I am going to Tokyo, so look out for those pictures. I am also planning a trip to London at some point too).
Anyway here are some photos I took:

Topshop: - some styling here from Topshop - key details are the lace, the trench coat, cinched waists, the corsage and the strong pink hue of the cardigan in the centre.
Grey seems to be a key colour for the season, here this window has kept the colour palette very restricted but has really played on texture. With details like studding, patent, denim and knit.
Jigsaw: - here again we see grey being used as the dominant hue in a window display, again with a play on texture and layering. Long necklaces have been used to accessorise outfits, along with belts cinching in the wasit again and a trilby hat.
Hobbs: - more adorable VM from Hobbs, their new N.W.3 range has a real retro feel, and I just love it.

Jack Wills: - Jack Wills are already brining in a bit of spring/summer into their window with beach accessories, and an abundant of artifical plants, still mixed in with the studious vibe of books and a globe. Notice in the styling again the use of a corsage and pearls.

More monochromatic displays here, again with a play on texture. Lace leggings have been used which are set to be a big trend for this spring/summer. Also this store uses alot of wood - a popular material being used in store design now. Chains and crates that we have been seeing alot in recent VM can also be seen here.
Vera Moda: - no this window hasn't acutally been smashed, this has been done purposely to appear like the window has been smashed though. Giving a tough urban feel to the clothes, also a sense that the products are extremely desirable, so much so someone would attempt to steal them!

Evans: - have done an interesting combination here of an urban landscape and art, with the use of canvases on stands. This could be representing the trend we are seeing that retail spaces are trying to become more cultural by offering their space as galleries and music venues etc.


Marks and Spencer: - I took this photo a while ago, but apparently never put it up, so here it is now. Denim is everywhere still, and I loved how the text has been done in this display - the way it looks stitched in is really clever.

Here is a couple images from a French Shabby Chic store - they have some lovely items in this store - like those gorgeous mirrors.

All own photos

No comments:

Post a Comment