About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Monday, 2 November 2009

Shoppingham 4

Here is a selection of windows again from Nottingham in the city centre, I have tried to group them based on similarities I was seeing.

Cut-out - in order to get the illusion of a more glamorous, sophisticated setting on a budget, stores are using cut out images in windows. Here Kaliko has an image taken from inside a stately manor house. Whilst Topman below uses a cut-out that looks more like a theatre set.

Black/Music - there is not a huge similarity between the themes of these windows, but both use black mannequins and I have in the past spotted many other black mannequins being used (particularly in menswear) and these also tend to be themed around music. Like Miss Selfridge below.

H&M
Miss Selfridge
Metallic/Baubles - The main similarities in this group of windows is firstly the use of baubles, withh Christmas drawing closer - mostly of which are metallic (silver,red or purple). Vero Moda has also gone for metallic objects in their windows, however this time in the form of Disney's seven dwarfs, which reminded me of the gnomes seen at White Stuff.
Vero Moda Evans
River Island
Accessorize - have used pearls
Marks and Spencer
Illustration - handwritten and hand-drawn motifs are still key and staying strong for next year.
Craft - the 'mend and make do' craft trend is still at large and will continue. The stores below have all used different craft concepts for their windows. Jigsaw taking the obvious approach of needle and thread, there is also Muji who contructed penguins from cardboard (very on trend for interiors atm) and fabric mannequins from Vivienne Westwood.

HobbsVivienne Westwood
Jigsaw
Muji

Wood - a growing number of stores are using wood in either their decor or displays, it gives the illusion of being more natural and ethical to the environment - a growing demand from today's consumers. Whether they are using real timber, mdf wood or even just branches or images of branches, wood is key in in-store environments.
ZaraKew
Gap

No comments:

Post a Comment