About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 29 November 2009

Christmas Shoppingham

Here's a sneak peek at what the stores of Nottingham are doing for their Christmas windows.

Kitsch - a vintage clothes store. With gorgeous vintage furniture pieces and quirky merchandising this store has a unique feel in-store. The windows are more a winter one than Christmas, with falling leaves, logs and gnomes. I liked the handwriting on the blackboard advertising the boots - an example of a good display on budget.



Zara - I must have photographed this hundreds of times! But I like the coiled wire, its simple at effective.
G-Star - an innovative window, combining the illustration trend with the recent trend of using porclain plates on walls. Making a simple montone window that catches the eye.

Oasis - cut outs as I have mentioned before are being used in VM, you can just about make out in this photo the cut-outs of candle-light lamps.

Vivienne Westwood - the simple use of a tree and baubles sets the christmas theme.

More baubles used here at Diesel, though given a tougher image with studs and chains.

Jigsaw uses trees again with fake snow, making a pretty traditinal christmas scene.
Links here cleverly brings in the trend for antlers in its VM, playing with the back drop in the background.
Jack Wills - brings the window outside with the use


Kew - using oversized presents in their window

I simply just liked the styling of these Karen Millen mannequins - its not too christmassy!

Oasis again - this time using a black fence/gate

CC here using a wire chandelier - simples, on trend and has a christmas feel with the small bauble stream hanging off.

No comments:

Post a Comment