About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Harvey Nicks and Selfridges

Again in the centre of Manchester, here is a peek into the interiors of Harvey Nicks and Selfridges:

Firstly Selfridges:
Animal heads on mannequins is an up-coming trend, as seen at River Island, Topshop and Hoopers.
Juicy couture has got it right here with this bust, they also had plates on the wall, another key trend of the moment, which i was unable to capture (this was as security was watching me!)

A swing to place a mannequin on, swings are something I was spotting back in Feb in Paris.

Trees indoors, just like Hoopers did last christmas (also in bright hues like this purple one).

I liked these hands making a 'W' for Whistles.
Now onto Harvey Nicks:

There was alot of fake grass and bushes in store, mannequin busts were covered in astroturf. It is this idea of making the store more green and at one with nature almost.


Bright mannequins.
This was clever, a mannequin like a scarecrow, with real plants surrounding it, again bringing the outdoors in and appearing more ethically aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment