About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 3 November 2009

Brewhouse Yard Museum

A couple weeks ago I mentioned I went to the Brewhouse Yard Museum, a museum in Nottingham based on Nottingham life. Here finally are the photos which I think are very inspiring for visual merchandising currently as stores are furnishing with vintage pieces.

Take a look:
An old sign

Old crates with stamps on, act as props in displays.

Inspiration for graphics - old typography



Old suitcases - as seen in many store window displays and VM - use to stack for visual interest or save space and store products inside.

These old tiles are growing in popularity for designing interiors - being vintage and durable they are ideal for store interiors now.

Old shop/pharmacy bottles


I love this old fashioned till - could be used today purely for visual interest, it would add a quirky touch to a store's interior.

Banners - something I was noticing in independent stores over the summer.

Vintage bicycle - modes of transport in visual displays is a big trend at the moment. With stores using props like: bicycles, motor bikes, scooters etc.

Sewing machines are increasingly being used in window displays, especially the well known and relied upon singer brand machines.
There's a current trend to decorate stores with vintage items, items from a happier period and objects that turn away from technology and that we can rely on during this difficult time. Museums it seems at the moment hold key inspirational pieces for merchandising stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment