About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 21 November 2010

Burberry: Day One

From the 12th-17th November I did some freelance work with Burberry at their head office in their showroom. This was a fantastic opportunity for me, to work as a VM in a head office of such an enormous and prestigous desginer fashion brand, and I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. Not to mention the fact Burberry is my favourite designer fashion brand!

Day one I met everyone I would be working with for the week, which consisted of the london headoffice VM team, vm's from Milan, New York, other freelancers and a couple girls on placement. I was amazed by the size of the showroom there, it was larger than most stores! - Taking up the entire LG ground floor and half the ground floor.

To start off we worked in pairs in the non-apparallel section, which included handbag, wallets, and small accessories. We were assigned fixtures to merchandise, and could help ourselves to as many props as we liked, these being - nickel frames, wooden hands, stands and cubes. My partner and I played with several looks until we were happy with our display. We then merchandised some touch points and finally began on menswear.

As we worked below us photoshoots were taking place for the lookbook, and they were coming up with the key Autumn 11 looks. Walking past the reception was always a pleasure as 9 times out of 10 there would be at least one male Burberry model there!

.....I also got very excited when I heard Christopher Bailey was in the building!

*For obvious reasons no photos will follow these diary posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment