On my last two days with Burberry I was unable to concentrate on one area of the showroom, as it was all gradually coming together now. Day Five I began in menswear - folding clothes, tweaking rails, and arranged shirts and ties. Then in womens we had to make some big changes after Michelle had a walk through - this consisted of moving displays and changing outfits on mannequins.
I again spent some time in non-apparallel, merchandising shoes, luggage and mens accessories, I also was assigned a shoe touch point to merchandise. A couple members joined our VM team, and helped out on this section of the showroom.
I ended day five putting the finishing touches in menswear. Day Six was my final day - but it was still a busy one! I continued in the non-apparallel area - focsing on softs - both mens and womens and did more work on luggage. Though I was interupted when Angela entered the showroom - in a devil wears prada moment everyone panicked - they tidied their areas, themselves and looked busy!
Later I helped set up the kids area of the showroom, I dressed mannequins and made a baby display. After a long wait while Angela walked through the showroom - it turned out there were a lot of changes to make! Unfortunately this is where my time freelancing with Burberry ended, so I did not get to see the full completed showroom - but I imagine it looks incredible.
About Me
- Lydia_Rose
- Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.
Tuesday, 23 November 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment