About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Sunday, 14 March 2010

Shop Watch

Here is another installment of the new vm trends out in Nottingham, including as I have been predicting - the farm trend, as seen at Ted Baker. Take a look:


Here is a comical farm inspired window from Ted Baker - they are tapping into the consumer trend that is seeing more people keep their own chickens.

Tutu here have used earthy rustic colours in their VM - giving it a more organic/farm feel as well.

Its hard to see but in this boutique window they had used potato sack/hemp and a string washing line for an organic/tradtional feel. I also saw this fabric in-store in River Island - all tying in with the farm trend still.

Here's White Stuff - with a budgie theme, feathers, newspaper and the strap line "who's a pretty boy then?"



Hobbs are once again doing a good job with there N.W.3 range - loving the styling again, its given Hobbs a younger more trend based look.

Jigsaw's window is advertising their product feature in the film My last five girlfriends.

Just when you thought cath kidston couldn't be copied anymore, Office have now brought out their own interpretation of the rose and polka dot patterns on wellies.

Some gorgeous wrapping at Lush.

The post trend is still out there - see this beatuiful messenger bag in a boutique window in the lace market.


Stripes and polka dots remain big trends for VM - they are the patterns of the season, and should be worn with a classic trench this spring/summer.





Rustic wood and metal are still key features in windows and store displays, along with step ladders, crates, chains, paint brushes and old posters.

All own photos

No comments:

Post a Comment