About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Tuesday, 14 September 2010

NYFW: Marc Jacobs

New York Fashion week is underway, and here is a low down on the recent shows which depicts what we will be wearing next Spring/Summer, beginning with Marc Jacobs.

The designer treated his audience to a beautiful blast from the past, the Seventies to be precise. There were looks suited to both activities on Jacobs’ runway: slinky, deeply V’ed jumpsuits, gold lamé hot pants, and soft peasant blouses worn with long skirts and thick leather belts - all in lovely muted shades of gold, pink, coral, mauve, cinnamon and copper, worn by models with wild crimped tresses and seriously stunning and dramatic eye make-up.

Oversized flowers appeared in the hair, on the shoulder, at the waist and at the throat, while huge straw hats worn with satin high-waisted trousers channelled Jodie Foster circa Tax Driver.








No comments:

Post a Comment