Some bits and pieces I collected on the day, plus the adorable watch wristband tickets!
On saturday I was thrilled to go to Goodwood with my mum for the vintage festival, it was all there music, a vintage market, pop-up stores, a fairground, catwalk shows, a cinema, hair salon, a parade of best in show, auction and a display of various vintage cars. It was lovely to see people and even whole families make an effort and dress up in vintage attire. I myself wore my vintage sixties M&S dress, and rocked it with wellies! haha - suitable for the mud and shower of rain we had. The festival was in a beautiful setting, right in the centre of the country with glorious views.
They had some great activities there as well, raising awareness of arts and crats, you could have free lessons to learn to knit and crochet, many craft books were on hand and you coud even learn to make and fix 50's skirts and do vintage make-up! There were also many places to get a traditional English cream tea, or finger sandwiches and also a vintage beachside scene! Shame it wasnt appropriate weather for that though!
Me and mum made a couple purchases, though to be honest it was almost more interesting seeing the people there! And just experiencing the festival, to be honest alot of the items you could get at half the price at your local chairty or vintage shop. However I did buy a mink fur hat - wanted one for well over a year now! for only £15, a bargain compared to £45 for the ones I have seen at Lewes! And my mum got a beautiful silk scarf from the very busy Oxfam shop! (Which on the first day of Goodwood made £1000 in 30 mins!!)
See some photos I snapped below:

No comments:
Post a Comment