About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Wednesday, 13 October 2010

*Hoopers AW10 Fashion Show*

I have rejoined Hoopers again as a visual merchandiser, and during my first week back we were preparing for the fashion show (which took place last week). It took place in the basement area, which had artifical trees covered in twinkling fairy lights and scattered leaf motifs on the floor. It was a beautiful setting for the show. I was working backstage, which in the days before the show involved an awful lot of pressing and ironing!! - As well as taping shoes, altering and fitting clothes to the models and organising all the jewellery and accessories.

The models had matching hair styles - a sleek, quiffed pony tail, all looked fabulous, and it was nice seeing real sized women compared to the un-natural appearance of the models at LFW. Alongside our models were also three adorable pooches! - wearing mulberry coats!

Well all the hard work put in paid off, the show both nights was a success - the roof after party was also a fantastic finish to an exhuasting week. Take a look at some of the photos I took from night one of the show: (My favourite look was the Miss Halloway scene, the glamourous glasses completed the outfits!)












No comments:

Post a Comment