So this week I started my VM placement at Stella McCartney, which I have been very excited about, as well as my colleagues at work! After a long (2.5 hour!) commute (with some unnecessary turns thanks to a lorry getting stuck under a bridge), I reached their head office in London, which is a lovely building near the Notting Hill area. I thankfully after getting lost and severley delayed made it bang on 10am to the office, I was then introduced to the people I will be working with and given a tour of the place. There were many designers on the top floor, in the middle floor where I am are design and creative people, and on the bottom floor is where the finance is taken care of along with production.
Next I was shown the window designs for the kidswear launch taking place next week (I shall be helping install the window in the london store early next week), along with the accompaning shop fits to go in-store. I typed up instructions for installing the windows and packaged the props to be sent to the stores launching the new range, which are: London, Paris, Milan, Tokyo, New York and LA.
As well I was shown where past window props, previous season clothes etc are kept, and I did the usual intern work such as: tidying out cupboards and running out to John Lewis - which was a nightmare on oxford street in half term! - And to top it off my shoes were killing my feet! Over all though I had a fantastic start to my placement, unfortunately I just missed Stella by a matter of days! - but I am hoping she shall be popping back into the office soon. Next week I shall be helping install the new window in the London store, check out my next post on my placement for pictures on this.
About Me
- Lydia_Rose
- Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.
Saturday, 30 October 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment