About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Friday, 27 February 2009

Jigsaw Pieces



I don't know about you but ever since I did a report on the high street brand Jigsaw I have been a great admirer of theirs. Once I knew it just as the store my mum would drag me into as she seeks a new outfit for an up-coming event, however now since I picked up their Autumn/Winter 2007 Lookbook and was inspired by the heritage and quintessentially English images they have gained my respect. The clothes themselves are not targeted to someone of my age and are certainly out of my student limit however the way they merchandise their products in store and in caimpaign ads always inspires me. Having worked in visual merchandising they have always been a great source of inspiration. Their displays are always creative, fun and quirky, and are certianly things you would not see their competitors doing.

This could all be down to the relatively new creative director Louise Trotter; realising Jigsaw was in need of a new look her first collection looked at the company's heritage and the mood was inspired by English eccentric country living with an interesting mix of old with new. From Autumn/Winter 2007 she has worked wonders on the brand, giving it a much needed rejuvenation. As I was saying before since seeing this collection I have always made sure to keep an eye on the brand, checking their visual merchandising in store, checking their website, and also treasuring any handouts or articles on them.


Below are a view of my favourite images from them, and I am keen to see what they offer next:

No comments:

Post a Comment