About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Saturday, 28 February 2009

Duck, Duck, Goose!

Birds as a motif have been around for several seasons, there have been owls, flamingos and other tropical birds, garden birds and last year there was a flock of swallows being seen on everything from t-shirts, dresses and totes to all forms of jewellery, and in interiors. Well now I am seeing a transition to birds we would see on a lakeside, particularly the goose, duck (they tend to have a white plumage) and the elegant swan, these birds are all part of the family Anatidae.

I have been seeing them used as props in photoshoots from a range of fashion magazines - examples include Lula, British Vogue, Paris Vigue and Bazaar. I predict we will be seeing more of the family Anatidae in the future, they are the new swallow.

No comments:

Post a Comment