Armed with my camera I snapped some of the shop windows - from independent boutiques upto well known designer brands. As appose to here in the UK the Italian windows had less focus on props and more on the product, colour stories were important out there, with red, black and white being a popular choice. Outfits and accessories are put together, with the floor space of the window used to lay out accessories around the mannequins. Global brands bring over the windows and shop layouts were are used to, with crates, ladders and distressed props being used (a big trend over here in the UK for the past couple years). It seemed also like here in the UK, Italian windows are at the moment using alot of flowers with summer approaching - although I noticed out there in Rome tiles and plant pots were a common theme. Reflective surfaces and mirrors seemed a dominant trend in the designer store windows, along with luggage cases as props.
Have a look at some of the photos I took below:
All own photos

No comments:
Post a Comment