About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Monday, 19 April 2010

Shop Watch

Here is the latest from Nottingham's stores VM. Trends that are apparent are: denim, stripes, fresh flowers in stores (seen at Topshop, River Island and Jigsaw), tropical prints and motifs, pineapples at Accessorize, nautical and grafitti.

First up here is Jigsaw: I have already covered this display scheme back in Tunbridge Wells, its a gardening theme with wheelbarrows, green plants, chairs and tea pots.




At Warehouse and Accessorize the displays have an ethnic/tropical feel - I had observed this motif trend in product design, and it was a big catwalk trend, now its in fashion retail displays. I particularly like the amusing and eye-catching flamingos at Accessorize, just adorable!




Stripes - probably the biggest trend of the season, are in Karen Millen's window, making a stylish blue and white display, with a nautical feel.


Graffiti art makes a colourful and vibrant back drop for Topshop's window display. Styling trends include pastel hues, denim, floral headbands and stripes.

River Island have used wood, flowers and shredded cardboard in their window, along with styling trends: florals, denim and pale pinks.

White Stuff are using banners, a trend I spotted last summer, along with dogs - which is part of their current household pet theme.

Finally Reiss here is playing on different trends: animal print, blazors and camel, creating a muted but stylish simple display.


All own photos

No comments:

Post a Comment