About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Wednesday, 2 December 2009

White House | Black Market, Naples, Fla.





"To retain its neighborhood boutique roots, White House | Black Market is constantly seeking ways to connect with its local communities. “It helps differentiate you from the competition,” says Victor Johnson, director of store environments.

The bond for its Naples, Fla., flagship was created by tapping into the vibrant arts community. Working with local curator Trudy Labell, the retailer selected pieces with a fashion theme for its visual program, including a commissioned work by Gabrielle Mayer (at left), who’s known for taking shopping bags and pinning them into 3-D dresses on traditional dressmaker forms before painting a canvas of the finished dress.

Johnson says other art pieces were placed to relate to the different areas of the store, such as artist Susan Freda’s wire, resin and glass dress forms hanging near the dress and shoe areas. “The fine art gives the store a more residential character,” says Johnson, “and that reinforces the boutique experience.”" - VMSD

http://vmsd.com/content/white-house-black-market-naples-fla

No comments:

Post a Comment