About Me

My photo
Hi, thank you for checking out my blog, on here I post my own photos and write about trends I am observing within VM, also anything that interests me and most recently adding photos of things I buy. I am a recent graduate having studied Fashion Marketing and Communication at Nottingham Trent University and work as a visual merchandising manager...Please if you wish feel free to follow my blog or contact me.

Wednesday, 2 December 2009

Holt Renfrew, Toronto





"“It’s amazing how color transforms our mood,” says John Gerhardt, creative director for Holt Renfrew. Gerhardt himself experienced that power when he received a bright-green wallet as a gift. “I found myself looking at the wallet and feeling happy,” he says.

Turning joy into inspiration, he sought to remodel the monochromatic contemporary department at the retailer’s Bloor Street flagship into an area that would “inspire a sense of hope.”

With a strong nod to the ’80s, including influences from fluorescent light artist Dan Flavin and conceptual artist Barbara Kruger, Holt Renfrew peppered six primary Pantone colors on vinyl graphics, mannequins and fixturing. A white backdrop allows a green display wall or yellow mannequin to stand out, while still making the clothing the hero.
Visual props express Holt’s signature wittiness, including an oversized granite bust that could be topped with ill-mannered pigeons one month and covered in moss the next. “It’s important to be unexpected,” adds Gerhardt." - VMSD

http://vmsd.com/content/holt-renfrew-toronto

No comments:

Post a Comment