I realise its been a while since my last update! Where has the start of 2012 gone?! Well to make up for my lack of posts I am giving a special vm trend update from Paris to get things started up again. I was lucky enough to be out there for Paris Fashion week so the windows were looking their best! Once again going to Paris I brought back too many photos!! So I have (as I did before) categorised them into strong themes - these are the main trends I picked up on. They are: Pop Art - the connection between fashion and art remains a strong theme for window design. Reflections - we are still seeing a lot of mirrors being used, along with items in pairs as if reflected - particularly at the moment with Lanvin and Chanel. Bright and Bold - with the spring/summer season approaching colour is dominating windows currently, along with palm trees, exoctic birds etc. Finally Geometric - this trend has been around before - its the use of strong geometric shapes and lines in windows, often creating strong graphic patterns.
Micro trends also included - household furniture and furnishings as props in windows, the use of red, film equipment as props and denim.
See the mood boards I quickly put together below:




All own photos
No comments:
Post a Comment